Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday

This week we are moving towards the rememberence of 911. As I look at preparing for the Worship for Sunday, I am asking for God's guidance. I am aware of the importance of the anniversary, I think of the countless of lives that have been changed as a result, those who are related to those who perished, those who participated in recovery efforts, the 1000s of lives lost due to the wars in Iraq and other places. What can we say or do that brings honor to all of this people?
I will be asking that question and hope you will too as we move towards Sunday. What is God's word to us as faithful Christians?
Dear God as we pause to remember this week those who lost their lives may you bring the families comfort. Inspire us to renew our efforts to bring peace to a hurting and chaotic world. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

No comments: