Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Getting the help I need

On Monday, I felt like someone had driven a spike into my sinus'. I was tired and achy, and instead of springing out of bed I rolled over and went back to sleep. I managed to roll out of bed and get ready for a lunch meeting, but came back home and went back to bed until an evening meeting. The next morning it was clear the sinus infection was not going away without help. My wife pulled out the humidifier, I called the doctor and by the end of the day I had antibiotics. Today, I am feeling a lot better and the headache is now much milder.
I am reminded in times like these, I need help to get well, I can get the rest, drink the fluids but I depend on others to diagnosis and treat my symptoms. It is not always easy for me to ask for the help, but during this time of year, I can use all the help I can get! I also want to be there for others to help them so being healthy is important.
How about you? Do you get the help you need?

No comments: