Sunday, September 16, 2012

The End is Near!!

No, I am not talking about the end of the world, I am talking about the end of the year, after Labor Day the retail industry starts they're marketing campaigns to help us spend our money for Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas. So I am thinking now about how to manage my finances and time in what is traditionally a very busy time of year for pastors. I can imagine this Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas spending season is very busy for you too. So what can we do now to help us prepare? I am going to start by thinking about what my priorities are, what really needs to be done, and what do I need to do to prepare for these events? What is my budget for these holidays? And what can I do to make sure I do not miss the meaning of each event, to remember the Saints, to give Thanks for the blessings of my life, and prepare my heart and soul for a new birth of faith? Maybe asking the questions of those who I share these days with is the best starting point, what do we want to happen, what do want to give, what do we want to receive? I know if I wait too much longer to start asking these questions, setting the priorities, before I know it I will be stressed out, tired, and broke by the end of the year! How about you?

No comments: