Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Networking

This morning I attended a Networking breakfast for Walnut/Diamond Bar businesses, I was the only church represenative. I wonder if I am able to really give referals, what "business am I in?" I do know we offer services such as baptisms, weddings, counseling, preschool classes, food for the hungry, clothes for the homeless, etc. But what is the business of the church? I refer to the mission statment of the church, " To Make New Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World". Would that be a selling point for business people to referr people to us? I really struggle with how to promote our work especially when we strive to be humble. In the end, I try to be present with these business folks, to listen to their struggles, to their dreams, and see what resources they need. Perhaps it is enough for them to know I am not there to sell them anything but to be present with them in the good times and the stressful ones. What do you think?

No comments: