Monday, April 27, 2009

The Lord is my shepherd Psalm 23

Growing up in rural Massachusetts I was connected to the land in so many ways, I liked playing outdoors in the forest that surrounded my home in the summer cause it was cool and shady. The pine needles could be bundled up and made great forts to hide in. The winter snow provided slippery runs for sliding, and the summers were a time to go to the lake and swim.
I don't know if it is because I grew up loving the outdoors that I love the Psalm, or if it was the message that comforted me,maybe it was both. And it is a Psalm I never get tired of hearing, the words work into my soul in new ways each time I turn to these words. And even those who do not attend church now, are familar with the assurances present in these few short sentences. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want". I am still living into the promises found in Psalm 23.

No comments: