Monday, March 22, 2010

Laughing out loud!

Pastor’s Article
“For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light” Psalm 36

The remarkable thing about this line from Psalm 36 is I happened to read it while sitting next to the fountain at the outdoor patio in the shopping center on the corner of Valley and Grand in Walnut. I was there instead of my office because I have become intentional about studying the Bible in public, and this spot is fun cause of the fountain, and because it is a popular gathering place for people to have lunch, or Boba or Starbucks.
Prior to reading the bible,I was reading some material I had stuck in my briefcase for this time outdoors in the Spring weather. I have been trying to keep to the ritual of reading from "Openings" a book by my friend Larry Peacock, and had forgotten the book, so I guessed which Psalm I should be reading. As it turns out Larry has it on March 21, so I was a few days early,however,for me to turn to this psalm and read it while sitting next to a fountain, I felt a smile arise from my soul and laughed at the notion of God planting the idea in my mind to read this particular psalm at that particular location.
As I start my week, and continue my preparation for Easter, I want to keep awake to the way God is directing me in these small but profound ways in my life.

No comments: