Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter all over again!

What a time of great worship and joy the Easter season brings. I am grateful for the season of celebration after Lent. Our church begins with Holy Humor Sunday, and my favorite joke was about a pastor speaking to a group of second graders about resurrection. After reading from scripture one of the class asked:"What did Jesus say when he rose up out of the grave?". The pastor explained that the scripture does not record his words, but a little girl spoke up, " I know what he said when he rose up, Ta Da!". Humor helps me in times of sorrow to balance the grief, in times of seriousness to allow for the spirit to work, it times of joy to share laughter with others. Easter is all about joy, celebrating, the great gift of resurrection with the world. Dear Jesus, I celebrate the great gift of resurrection, hope that never ends. As I encounter life's challenges may I turn to you again and again to be filled with your love. Thank you for those who help me laugh and play even in the most serious moments. Amen

No comments: